Monday, August 9, 2010

Black and White Beard


I started trying to fix what I didn't like about the last Beard Man drawing.

I like the line work and the deep shadows better in this image. I think it's generally just a better drawing. Check out his hair. I like it much better. I'm not sure that I'm going to bother with the highlighter for this one. I think I like it as a Black and White drawing.

Sketchbook drawings are so fun. You just doodle and doodle until something you like falls out of your pen and lands on the page. Then of course you drive yourself absolutely crazy trying to recapture what it is you liked about the drawing in the first place. Oh if only I could get paid to make sketchbooks... well not to work in a sketchbook factory or anything, but to doodle and paint in sketchbooks all day long. Life would be more fun.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

claud-hop said...

They're all so good, but this one is my favorite too! He looks magical and full of wisdom. Maybe his name would be Rolf... like the dog from the Muppets.